Four years in the making, SuperFreakonomics asks not just the hard concerns, however the unforeseen ones: What’s more unsafe, driving intoxicated or walking intoxicated? Can a sex modification enhance your wage? Why is chemotherapy recommended so typically if it’s so inadequate?
SuperFreakonomics challenges the method we believe all over once again, checking out the surprise side of whatever with such concerns as:
- Why are physicians so bad at cleaning their hands?
- How much excellent do safety seat do?
- What’s the very best method to capture a terrorist?
- How is a street woman of the street like a department-store Santa?
- Did TELEVISION cause an increase in criminal offense?
- What do cyclones, cardiac arrest, and highway deaths share?
- Can consuming kangaroo conserve the world?
- Which includes more worth: a pimp or a Realtor?
- Are individuals hard-wired for selflessness or selfishness?
Levitt and Dubner mix wise thinking and terrific storytelling like nobody else, whether examining an option to global warming or discussing why the rate of foreplay has actually fallen so considerably. By analyzing how individuals react to rewards, they reveal the world for what it actually is – excellent, unsightly, bad, and, in the last analysis, extremely freaky.
Freakonomics has actually been mimicked sometimes over – however just now, with SuperFreakonomics, has it satisfied its match.