Neurosurgical Emergencies, third Edition, (PDF) covers regularly confronted neurosurgical emergencies, with contributions from well-known consultants of their respective subspecialties. Clinical insights and straightforward-to-observe protocols are given for emergencies related to an infection, illness, and trauma – and issues like standing epilepticus and acute shunt malfunction. Injury classification, analysis, surgical indications, scientific presentation, imaging, approaches, and prognosis are offered for each situation. Evidence-based, concise descriptions allow readers to shortly achieve a stable understanding of the pathogenesis of every drawback.
The authors retained the content material and scope of earlier editions and included six new chapters that replicate latest advances. These include new invasive mind monitoring methods and their relevance to scientific observe, emergency endovascular stroke remedy, cerebral venous thrombosis, emergency surgical procedure for stroke, consideration of cervical stenosis as an emergency, and emergent presentation and administration of vascular lesions, and spinal dural arteriovenous fistulas.
Key Features of Neurosurgical Emergencies 3e
- Revised from black and white to full-coloration illustrations
- Recognition and administration of intrathecal baclofen and narcotic withdrawal
- Treatment and administration of spontaneous subarachnoid, intracerebral, and intraspinal hemorrhages
- Neurosurgical emergencies in pediatric sufferers together with perinatal administration of myelomeningocele and spinal wire harm
- Present tips for managing a full spectrum of spinal, intracranial, and peripheral nerve emergencies – from an evaluation of acute lack of consciousness to cerebral herniation, pituitary apoplexy, and penetrating backbone and peripheral nerve accidents
This stellar useful resource is a should-have for practising emergency drugs specialists and neurosurgeons. It will even vastly assist residents and fellows in these fields of medication.
NOTE: The product contains the ebook Neurosurgical Emergencies, third Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.