Tumors/cancers are described by uncontrolled growths of irregular cells that unfold past their common boundaries and disturb the traditional capabilities of affected organs and techniques. Though about 75%–80% of tumors/cancers come up sporadically and not using a household connection, 20%–25% seem like familial (counting 10%–15% nonhereditary familial tumors [or familial tumors] and 5%–10% hereditary familial tumors [or hereditary tumors]). As hereditary and nonhereditary familial tumors typically show each tumor-associated and non-tumor-associated (or syndromic) signs, they’re acknowledged as tumor syndromes (or most cancers susceptibility syndromes).
In comparability with irregular tumors/cancers, tumor syndromes (>300 described to date) are inclined to occur at a youthful age, contain a number of organs and techniques, produce quite a few (typically in a definite spectrum) and bilateral lesions, type a number of hamartomatous, precursor or benign lesions; find within the particular web site(s), show unique syndromic options, and influence a number of members/generations of a household.
Handbook of Tumor Syndromes (PDF) gives authoritative and state-of-art protection of about 100 tumor syndromes, with chapters presenting summaries of particular person tumor syndromes in connection to their biology, epidemiology, scientific options, pathogenesis, prognosis, therapy, and prognosis. Featuring contributions from clinicians, oncologists, and specialists, the ebook gives a dependable, complete reference on tumor syndromes for college students and students of medication, dentistry, nursing, pharmacology, public well being, and different biomedical disciplines.
- Includes professional protection from famend oncologists and clinicians
- Includes up-to-date data on the prognosis and therapy of tumor syndromes
- Reviews the biology, pathogenesis, epidemiology, and scientific options of tumor syndromes
- S. T. Shanmugam, Understanding Cancer Therapies (ISBN 9781138198159)
- Liu, Tumors and Cancers: Endocrine Glands – Blood – Marrow – Lymph (ISBN 9781498729758)
- J. M. Baehring and J. M. Piepmeier, eds., Brain Tumors: Practical Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment (ISBN 9780367390228)
- R. McIntosh, Understanding Cancer: An Introduction to the Biology, Medicine, and Societal Implications of This Disease (ISBN 9780815345350)
Dongyou Liu, Ph.D., has labored at quite a few analysis and scientific laboratories in Australia and the United States for the final three a long time, with an emphasis on molecular characterization of microbial pathogens and recognition of human genetic problems and tumors/cancers. He is the first creator of over 50 unique evaluate and analysis articles in varied peer-reviewed worldwide journals, the contributor of 197 book chapters, and the editor of over 10 ebooks.
NOTE: The product contains the ebook, Handbook of Tumor Syndromes in PDF. No access codes are included.